JERUSALEM IN MY HEART: Mo7it Al-Mo7it LP
Jerusalem In My Heart "Mo7it Al-Mo7it" LP (Constellation Records)
Jerusalem In My Heart (JIMH) has been a live audio-visual happening since 2005, with Montréal-based producer and musician Radwan Ghazi Moumneh at its core. Moumneh is a Lebanese national who has spent a large part of his adult life in Canada and has been a fixture of the Montréal independent music community from his early days as guitarist in various notable 90s hardcore bands to his tireless activity as a sound engineer and producer over the last decade.
With performances occurring 1-3 times per year, no two JIMH events have ever been the same, with Moumneh's vocals and purposefully blown-out sonic sensibility as the single constant.
JIMH has always been an immersive sonic and visual live experience; on the musical side, an evolving effort to forge a modern experimental Arabic music that weds melismatic singing in classical Arabic modes to electronic compositions with a punk-rock production sensibility. Mo7it Al-Mo7it, a unique and profoundly emotive album of contemporary Arabic music, captures and conveys all of this.
Jerusalem In My Heart has lately solidified around a core duo of Radwan Ghazi Moumneh carrying musical duties and Chilean filmmaker Malena Szlam providing live visuals using analog 16mm film projections and multiple site-specific screen installations.
1. Koll Lil-Mali7ati Fi Al-Khimar Al-Aswadi (Speak Of The Woman In The Black Robe)
2. 3andalib Al-Furat (Nightingale Of The Euphrates) Virginal
3. Yudaghdegh El-Ra3ey Walal-Ghanam (He Titillates The Shepherd, But Not The Sheep...)
4. 3anzah Jarbanah (Sick, Diseased Goat)
5. Dam3et El-3ein 3 (Oh Tear Of The Eye 3)
6. Ko7l El-3ein, 3emian El-3ein (Eyeliner Of The Eye, Blindness Of The Eye)
7. Amanem (Amanem)